Hello! Thank you for taking the time to refer this carer to us.
Birmingham Carers Hub works with health and social care professionals to ensure unpaid carers are identified and supported. This support is for all adult carers including parent-carers, older people in caring roles and sandwich carers perhaps caring for a parent but juggling a range of family, work and social responsibilities. For young carers (under 18 yrs) will we work with Spurgeons who are the local specialist young carer service to ensure support is offered. We offer a wide range of services all of which is FREE to carers:
- Advice and information
- Statutory Carer Assessments
- Benefits maximisation and grant applications
- Emergency back- up service 24/7 365 days per year
- Sitting service so carers can attend medical appointments.
- Healthy Lifestyle support including health checks and access to a health grant (social prescribing)
- Carer Training such as ‘Moving and Handling People Safely’ and ‘First Aid’Access to carer dementia support services
- Wellbeing including mindfulness, yoga and relaxation classes
- Meds management and delivery service.